Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blessed

My favorite, tulips. From Bobby, Kristi and Joshy-man!



And a beautiful spring bouquet from my cousin Meghan and her hubby, Adam.


I have so much to be thankful for right now. 

I was really dreading last week...that looming date, February 14 sat there. I was the good mommy and made goodie bags filled with candy and V-day things for the Bug, helped her write out her cards, I even put up some little heart decorations around the house, bought the pink and red M&M's, trying to get into the spirit of the holiday. I don't know why I was so worried to hit the date.  Maybe because this year some things have changed and I felt this pressure on me to still have that date mean something. I went into work and had an assignment to shoot this pooch named Nike. He had received a pacemaker to help with his enlarged heart. The 12-year-old Chinese pug warmed my heart and I realized, this is love. He was adorable, posing for my camera and letting me crawl on the floor with him petting his round belly. After that assignment I was immediately in a better mood. I had a much better afternoon and I came home to find flowers from Bobby and Kristi Burge. Good friends from Ky. I started to tear up. That was so thoughtful and sweet. That night I went out for dinner with my friend Ingrid and had a great time chowing down on Latin food and well, the 'partying' later on, was at least humorous(; So, thanks to my friends and family and for that lil pug, Nike, you made the 14th a day I will no longer dread.

No comments: